This recipe comes from my great aunt. I always remember I loved her baked treats. Everything always tasted amazing. Her waffles, chocolate chip cookies, homemade ice cream, pies…. all were delicious. It was always a treat to go to her house. I remember this Zucchini Bread from when I was young and always thought her recipe was the best. When this month’s Bread Baker challenge was announced as quick breads, I knew I had to make her recipe.
Another favorite quick bread in our home is our Delightful Banana Bread. I encourage you to check out this recipe as well. Both of these make fantastic breakfasts, or an easy treat to pack in a lunch for work or school. They freeze well so they can be made ahead. It’s a great way to use produce from the garden or before it goes bad if you bought too much from the market.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month’s theme is Quick Breads.
Quick breads are made with rising agents like baking powder and/or baking soda, not yeast. One bowl has the wet ingredients, another the dry. When mixed together they form a soft dough or very thick batter. The requirement for this challenge includes that the quick bread must be baked in a loaf pan.
- Banana Nut Bread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Cheddar Bacon Chive Quick Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Quick Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Coconut Sweet Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Cranberry Pecan Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Espresso Banana Quick Bread with Espresso Streusel from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Irish Soda Bread from Anybody Can Bake
- Keto Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread from Cook With Renu
- Lady Grey Date Nut Bread from A Messy Kitchen
- Lemon Blueberry Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Pistachio Loaf from Ambrosia
- Summer Shandy Beer Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Bread from Simply Inspired Meals
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray or grease and flour.
- In a food processor bowl, beat to combine eggs, sugar and oil. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the two loaf pans, making sure the batter is evenly dispersed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.