This recipe comes from my great aunt. I always remember I loved her baked treats. Everything always tasted amazing. Her waffles, chocolate chip cookies, homemade ice cream, pies…. all were delicious. It was always a treat to go to her house. I remember this Zucchini Bread from when I was young and always thought her recipe was the best. When this month’s Bread Baker challenge was announced as quick breads, I knew I had to make her recipe.
Another favorite quick bread in our home is our Delightful Banana Bread. I encourage you to check out this recipe as well. Both of these make fantastic breakfasts, or an easy treat to pack in a lunch for work or school. They freeze well so they can be made ahead. It’s a great way to use produce from the garden or before it goes bad if you bought too much from the market.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month’s theme is Quick Breads.
Quick breads are made with rising agents like baking powder and/or baking soda, not yeast. One bowl has the wet ingredients, another the dry. When mixed together they form a soft dough or very thick batter. The requirement for this challenge includes that the quick bread must be baked in a loaf pan.
- Banana Nut Bread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Cheddar Bacon Chive Quick Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Quick Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Coconut Sweet Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Cranberry Pecan Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Espresso Banana Quick Bread with Espresso Streusel from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Irish Soda Bread from Anybody Can Bake
- Keto Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread from Cook With Renu
- Lady Grey Date Nut Bread from A Messy Kitchen
- Lemon Blueberry Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Pistachio Loaf from Ambrosia
- Summer Shandy Beer Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Bread from Simply Inspired Meals
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray or grease and flour.
- In a food processor bowl, beat to combine eggs, sugar and oil. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the two loaf pans, making sure the batter is evenly dispersed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.