I was inspired to make Wizarding World Roasted Potatoes this month when the Baking Bloggers challenge this month was baking with potatoes. When we visited Universal Studios Hollywood, we ate at the Three Broomsticks in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We really enjoy their food.
The roasted potatoes are a side dish for many of the meals at the Three Broomsticks. They were tasty, crisp and delicious. My version turned out amazing, we’ve made them multiple times already and plan to make them again soon!
This month the #BakingBloggers are “Baking with Potatoes”. We were asked to create a recipe where the only requirement is that we bake with potatoes. I’m excited to see what everyone has come up with for this challenge as potatoes are one of my favorite foods!
- Baked Cajun Potatoes by Anybody Can Bake
- Baked Potato Skins with Paneer and Veggies by Cook with Renu
- Easy Savory Sweet Potato Muffins by Recipe Pocket
- Egyptian Sanyet el Batates by Pandemonium Noshery
- Hasselback Fondue Potato Bake by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Potato Cake (Gattò di Patate) by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes by Palatable Pastime
- Quiche with Potato Crust by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Befteki and Potatoes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salsa Potato Stacks In Muffin Pan by Sneha’s Recipe
- Wizarding World Roasted Potatoes by Simply Inspired Meals
Wizarding World Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 4 lb. red potatoes
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. salt
Preheat an oven to 375°F.
Slice the potatoes into thin slices using a knife, mandolin or food processor.
Brush the bottom of a large cast iron frying pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Arrange the potato slices next to each other in a circle pattern, overlapping slightly. Fill the entire pan, including the center.
Pour the remaining melted butter over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and fresh chopped rosemary and thyme.
Roast the potatoes until the edges are browned and crispy, about one hour.
Take the potatoes out of the oven and let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve directly from the cast iron pan.
Adapted from Williams Sonoma.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
Wizarding World Recipes
If you enjoy Harry Potter and Wizarding World recipes, you will like these as well!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.