We visited Universal Studios Hollywood recently to celebrate my birthday. We had a great trip despite record heat. One of my favorite areas in the park is the Wizarding World. Before we left at the end of our trip we stopped in Honeydukes to pick up some treats to take with us. We decided on a Cauldron Cake and Fudge. We selected five varieties including Butterbeer Fudge. The fudge has a very mild taste.
I decided to make a copycat recipe so we could enjoy this treat at home. My first try was too strong with butterscotch flavor but this revised version is just perfect, hints of butterscotch but with notes of shortbread.
Wizarding World Butterbeer Fudge Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 6 fl. oz can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 1/2 oz. butterscotch chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 oz. white baking chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 tsp. butter extract
- 8 oz. white baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Measure and prepare all ingredients before starting to cook. You won't have time to gather ingredients once the candy has cooked.
- Mix together brown sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Bring to a boil and time it for 8 1/2 minutes exactly. Don’t time until it starts to boil. Stir constantly.
- Turn off heat and immediately add butterscotch chips, white baking chocolate, marshmallow cream and butter extract.
- Mix well and pour into buttered 9 x 9 square pan.
- Let cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute and then stir. Continue at 50% power in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour the mixture over the Butterbeer fudge and spread evenly to cover the top.
- Let set for 1 or 2 hours before cutting. Take out of the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before cutting to make it a little easier.
- Best if kept in the refrigerator until serving as the fudge may get soft when left out.
Recommend using wooden spoon as the mixture gets very thick and it can be difficult to combine all the ingredients together with a small or bendable spoon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.