Wizarding World Hot Butterbeer
The Wizarding World Hot Butterbeer recipe below helps satisfy my craving for this delicious drink between visits to the park. When we visited Universal Studios Hollywood, Hot Butterbeer wasn’t available as the weather was just too hot. We are hoping to be able to go back to the park to see the Holiday decorations and events, and we will definitely try it then. In the mean time, I’ve come up with a version that I absolutely love to hold me over until our visit. This is deliciously creamy, sinfully buttery and just down right comforting to drink. It is a wonderful option to hot chocolate. I made this version not too sweet as I didn’t want to feel like I was drinking butterscotch syrup. I took inspiration from milk steamers and created this butterscotch milk steamer. You can also make this an alcoholic beverage by adding either rum or butterscotch schnapps. I hope you will enjoy this version and that it will make you think happy thoughts of your favorite Harry Potter memory.
I received my Breville Milk Frother last Christmas and I love it. I use it to froth milk for Chai tea or to add to hot chocolate. The size is nice as I only make one or maybe two drinks in a single sitting. I find it very easy to clean and have ready for the next use. It is perfect for this recipe as it is quick and easy, just heat the milk, pour over the Butterbeer mixture, and then the drink is ready to enjoy.
Pin for later!Yum
Wizarding World Hot Butterbeer Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp group cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Hot Butterbeer serving:
- 2 tbsp Butterbeer mix
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- Beat butter and brown sugar in medium bowl on medium speed about 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in whipping cream and powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Mix in cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon into 1 quart freezer container, cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
Hot Butterbeer serving:
- For each serving, add 2 tbsp Butterbeer mix into mug.
- Using milk frother, steam 1/2 cup milk (I used the hot chocolate setting and fill line for hot chocolate).
- Add half the milk to the mug and stir until the Butterbeer mix is completely melted and combined. Add the remaining steamed/frothed milk on top and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
You can make the alcoholic by adding either 1 shot of rum or 1 shot of Butterscotch schnapps to the mug at the time you are mixing the hot steamed milk with the mixture to combine.
Resources used in recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.