Wizarding World Apple Oatmeal Flan
The breakfast menu at the Three Broomsticks at Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter has many delicious options. The Wizarding World Apple Oatmeal Flan comes with yogurt and fruit and is their light breakfast option. It isn’t something I remember being mentioned in the Harry Potter books, but it certainly is interesting. It isn’t a typical flan, but is similar in that it is served upside down and has a brown sugar topping. I did a lot of experimenting to come up with this version and love the apple, brown sugar and oatmeal flavors that come through.
Apple Oatmeal Flan Recipe
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal, large flake or quick oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms and sides of 12 medium muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Dice apples and sprinkle with 2 tbsp granulated sugar. Let sit while preparing next ingredients.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine apple juice, oil and egg; mix well. Add to oat mixture and add chopped apples; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Use narrow metal spatula to loosen edges of flan from sides of muffin cups.
- Place baking sheet on top of pan and invert. Carefully lift off pan. These can be served warm or made ahead for use throughout the week. These can also be frozen.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.