Walking Taco Salad
Walking Taco Salad is a recipe that has been in our family for years. Perfect appetizer for parties like the Super Bowl or potlucks.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
This is a very quick recipe to pull together. Just work one layer at a time. The first layer is simply to spread ready made jalapeno bean dip in the dish. I selected the Fiesta Tortilla Warmer as I really like the variety of colors and that it comes with a lid making it easy to make ahead, cover, transport and serve. The next step is to mash the avocados and combine with the lemon juice. This can be done in a food processor if you like. Once combined, spread over the top of the bean dip layer. Next just stir the taco seasoning into the sour cream and spread on top of the avocado layer. Next chop the green onions and sprinkle on top followed by shredded Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese. I made this step even easier by using a shredded cheese from the supermarket so I didn’t have to shred it myself. To finish it off, chop tomatoes and sprinkle on top followed by chopped olives. All that is left is to set it out with tortilla chips or the dippers of your choice and watch it disappear.
Walking Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 can Jalapeno Bean Dip
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. sour cream or light sour cream
- 3 tbsp. taco mix
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup grated Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 can chopped or sliced olives
- Spread one can of Jalapeno Bean Dip.
- Combine smashed avocados and 1 tbsp. lemon juice together. Spread over the bean dip layer.
- Combine sour cream and taco mix. Spread over avocado layer.
- Slice green onions and sprinkle on top of the sour cream layer.
- Spread one cup grated cheese over the onion layer. Add more cheese if desired.
- Chop tomatoes and spread over the cheese layer.
- Last, spread the chopped olives over the tomatoes.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Fritos Hot Bean Dip, 9 Ounce
Watkins Gourmet Seasoning with Natural Spice Mix, Taco, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Homer Laughlin 337-1488 Tortilla Warmer, Lapis
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.