Welcome to the November Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month, I chose to make Turkey Pot Pie Soup.
I was inspired by the new holiday menu at Disney’s California Adventure for Turkey Pot Pie Soup. You can see my pin here. This is offered at the Pacific Wharf Cafe and is described as “… with oven roasted turkey breast, rich turkey gravy, peas, and carrots in a sourdough bread bowl”.
Turkey Pot Pie Soup Recipe
This soup is absolutely amazing! Where has this been all my life. Our family loves chicken pot pie, but they take quite a bit of time with the crust so we don’t make them often. I was hoping this recipe would give us that flavor without as much work or calories. My husband created this recipe from scratch and did lighten the amount of cream from a traditional pot pie. He knocked it out of the park, this is a must try!
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 fresh sage, chopped
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 - 3 lbs. turkey breast, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can corn
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a dutch oven, heat onion, carrots, celery and garlic in 1 tbsp. oil until all are soft.
- Add potatoes, thyme, sage, vegetable and chicken stock and turkey breast and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve 1/4 cup flour in 1/4 cup water. Add the corn and flour mixture to the soup. Simmer until thickened.
- Add the milk and cream and warm, but don't boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 294mgSodium: 954mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 109g
Pin for later!
More soup recipes!
- Creamy Corn Chowder
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Hufflepuff Chilled Mango Soup
- Firefly’s Wife Soup
- Wizarding World English Ale and Cheese Soup
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built or tried!
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ December Pinterest Challenge
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.