This month’s Baking Bloggers topic of the month is Brownies and Bars. These will make great lunch box treats to send to school or work. I wanted something that could work as dessert for a Tiki party so I chose Tropical Pineapple Bars as my recipe.
Tropical Pineapple Bars are a spin on Lemon Bars. I swapped the lemon juice for pineapple juice. The flavor is mild but delicious. These disappeared in my household very quickly and did pack well as a lunch box treat.
Check out all the other wonderful Brownies and Bars from other #BakingBloggers!
- Chocolate Brownie Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Pecan Bars by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Brownies starting with a Box Mix by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dark Magic Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Egg-Less, Butter-Less, Chocolate Ragi Brownie by Cook with Renu
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Brownies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- No Bake Reese’s Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pineapple Bars by Simply Inspired Meals
- Triangle Delight Bars by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
Tropical Pineapple Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- powdered sugar
- Combine flour and powdered sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan, press firmly and evenly into pan, using back of spoon or fingertips.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, and pineapple juice, stir in flour mixture.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar, cut into bars
Adapted from Southern Living
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.