Tropical Pineapple Bars
This month’s Baking Bloggers topic of the month is Brownies and Bars. These will make great lunch box treats to send to school or work. I wanted something that could work as dessert for a Tiki party so I chose Tropical Pineapple Bars as my recipe.
Tropical Pineapple Bars are a spin on Lemon Bars. I swapped the lemon juice for pineapple juice. The flavor is mild but delicious. These disappeared in my household very quickly and did pack well as a lunch box treat.
Tropical Pineapple Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- powdered sugar
- Combine flour and powdered sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan, press firmly and evenly into pan, using back of spoon or fingertips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, and pineapple juice, stir in flour mixture.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar, cut into bars
Adapted from Southern Living
Check out all the other wonderful Brownies and Bars from other #BakingBloggers!
- Chocolate Brownie Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Pecan Bars by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Brownies starting with a Box Mix by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dark Magic Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Egg-Less, Butter-Less, Chocolate Ragi Brownie by Cook with Renu
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Brownies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- No Bake Reese’s Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pineapple Bars by Simply Inspired Meals
- Triangle Delight Bars by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
Sign Up For Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.