I have always wanted to try “The Grey Stuff” dessert but when we went to Walt Disney World and ate at Be Our Guest Restaurant for breakfast, it was not one of the menu items at the time. The Grey Stuff has been added to the Red Rose Taverne menu in Disneyland. This was originally inspired by the animated Beauty and the Beast movie and has been interpreted as a dessert even though in the movie it appears to be a pate appetizer.
I reviewed many recipes found online and after making many of my own adjustments, I have come up with the recipe here that my family agrees with Lumiere and thinks is delicious. Give it a try then let me know what you think.
This is an easy recipe, perfect for a girls tea party or as a quick dessert for movie night while watching Beauty and the Beast. My favorite is the animated version, but the live action is also very good.
The Grey Stuff Recipe
To make the recipe, combine the pudding mix and milk in a bowl and whisk together. Place it in the fridge for five minutes so it can thicken a little. While that is cooling, whip cream until it thickens and add powdered sugar to give it a little sweetness. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Melt chocolate and combine with the cream cheese.
To combine everything together, fold the pudding and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Add the crushed chocolate wafers and mix until incorporated. Pipe into pretty dessert dished and top with edible pearls. These look fancy but are quick to pull together. Give your party a little wow!
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 oz white backing chocolate melted
- 7 chocolate wafers
- 1 box cookies and cream pudding mix
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ tbsp edible pearls white and grey, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pudding mix and milk in a bowl. Whisk together. Let stand in fridge for 5 minutes then whisk until thickened and combined completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and beat until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Fold the pudding and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add crushed chocolate wafers and mix until incorporated.
- Pipe into dessert plates. Top with edible pearls if desired. Cool in fridge for about an hour.
Inspired by Walt Disney World's Be Our Guest Restaurant.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g
Pin for later!
More Be Our Guest recipes
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.