My inspiration for Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich comes from Disney Magic Kingdom. This was a treat offered last summer at the Magic Kingdom park to celebrate America. Earlier this week I shared Birthday Cake Ice Cream and now it’s time to put it together with the cookies to make the ice cream sandwich.
Jumbo Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 container red, white and blue sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar and sugar until combined and creamy. Scrape down the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract and mix to combine. Add the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and beat at low speed until dough forms a ball.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookie dough slightly with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with red, white and blue sprinkles. Freeze cookie dough for at least two hours.
- Before baking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the frozen cookie dough from the freezer and place on un-greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. The dough will soften a bit while the oven preheats. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 1 minute on a cookie sheet and then remove to the cooling rack.
Adapted from Land O Lakes
These cookies are perfect for ice cream sandwiches. Combine with Birthday Cake Ice Cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich How-To
Using a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter, cut out a circle of birthday cake ice cream. Sandwich between two Jumbo Sugar Cookies and eat right away as the ice cream will start to melt immediately. Enjoy!
More Patriotic Recipes!
Summer Dessert Week
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts
- No Churn Chocolate Chip Nutella Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich from Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes
- Key Lime Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
No Bake Treats
- Cherry Cheesecake Angel Dessert from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Oh My Cherry Pie Cream Cheese Spread from For the Love of Food
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.