Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
The reviews I read about the Strawberry Cream Cheese cupcake made me want to take a trip to Florida just to taste them. Since that isn’t possible at this time, I have come up with a recipe for these cupcakes that hit the spot. These are light and fresh with the strawberry mousse filling and cream cheese frosting. I chose not to put fresh strawberries on top as I didn’t know how well they would hold up. You could always glaze some strawberries and add them to the top of the cupcake for an authentic recreation. I also couldn’t find any pink polka dot cupcake wrappers, but I really like the red polka dots with the strawberry. The cream cheese frosting is from Kraft, but I increased the amount. Enjoy!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 tbsp edible pearls red or pink
- 24 strawberries glazed, for top, optional
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ package gelatin
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅜ cup butter softened
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup confectioner's sugar
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on cake mix package. When cool, cut out center of cupcake to create a spot for the filling.
- In a food processor, puree sliced strawberries and granulated sugar until smooth.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle powdered gelatin over ¼ cup water and let stand for one minute. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat, and add gelatin to strawberry mixture, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cover and chill until slightly thickened about 30 minutes, stir the mixture every 10 minutes.
- Whip cream at low speed until foamy; gradually increase speed to medium-high, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until well blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes or just until mixture has thickened enough to be used as filling.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition until blended.
- Spoon Strawberry Mousse into each cupcake. Chill 3 hours or until mousse is set.
- Pipe cream cheese frosting on top. Add full glazed strawberry and red pearls as decoration.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.