Spinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata #FoodieExtravaganza
The Spinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata from Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe sounded like such a yummy and healthy breakfast, I had to create a copycat recipe. In addition, I love my Mickey muffin mold and this was another way to use it.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
The Carnation Cafe breakfast menu describes the dish as spinach and tomato egg white frittata with mushrooms, sour cream, and avocado-black bean Pico de Gallo served with café breakfast potatoes and fruit. Carnation Cafe Disneyland.
Foodie Extravaganza celebrates obscure food holidays by posting delicious recipes your family will love. Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook groupFoodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a home cook looking for tasty recipes, check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board!
- Bacon and Gruyère Egg Bites (Copycat) by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon & Bourbon Glaze by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Ham and Egg Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Indian Street Food Eggs by Pandemonium Noshery
- Scrambled Egg Sandwich by Sneha’s Recipes
- Spinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata by Simply Inspired Meals
How to make frittatas
To make the frittatas, start by cooking down the vegetables (mushrooms, spinach first, then tomatoes) in a skillet on the stove with a little olive oil. Spray your Micky muffin mold and set on a cooking sheet. Whisk together the egg whites, milk, and pepper in a bowl or large measuring cup. Fill each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture and then add the cooked vegetables to each muffin cup directly. Stir to combine. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. If desired, drizzle light sour cream over the top of the frittatas or serve on the side.
Spinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata Recipe
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- drizzle olive oil
- light sour cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Mickey Mouse muffin tin with cooking spray. Place Mickey Mouse muffin mold on a cooking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms in the hot oil for a couple of minutes, then add spinach and cook for one minute, finally adding tomatoes until softened, 5 to 10 minutes total.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup.
- Add the cooked vegetables into each muffin cup, distributing evenly and stir to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle light sour cream over the top of the frittatas or serve on the side.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 5g
Pin for later!
Sign Up For Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.