This Spiced Pear Quick Bread recipe is a delicious way to use a favorite fruit to make a fantastic quick bread with a sweet and spicy glaze!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
I was inspired by a baking show where the contestants were assigned a flavor combination and had to come up with a quick bread using those flavors. One of the combinations was spiced pear. I absolutely love pears, they just might be my favorite fruit. I decided this was one challenge I wanted to try and came up with this moist and delicious Spiced Pear Quick Bread which is a new favorite in my house.
Spiced Pear Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped pears
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Spice mix minus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups peeled and chopped pears
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. spice mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare two loaf pans by lining with parchment paper and leaving about an inch hanging over the sides to make it easier to lift out the bread when done. Lightly spray the pan and parchment with non stick cooking spray.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl with a mixer. Then add in the sugar, oil, 1 cup chopped pears and vanilla extract, beating until well combined. The pears should be mush and combined with the other ingredients well.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the spice mix. Reserve 1 tsp. for the glaze. Combine the remaining spice mix with the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low until fully incorporated. Stir in the chopped pears and walnuts.
- Divide the batter between your two prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the loaf pans from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes. Then using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the bread loaves out from their pans and place them on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ingredients for the glaze. Then drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Harry and David.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
Christmas Sweets Week
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Homemade Dark Hot Chocolate Mix by Bear & Bug Eats
Breakfast and Baked Goods Recipes
Cherry Croissant Breakfast Bake by Making Miracles
Classic Cinnamon Rolls by The Nifty Foodie
Cranberry Eggnog French Toast Bake by The Redhead Baker
Spiced Pear Quick Bread by Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
Star Bread by House of Nash Eats
Candy and Fudge Recipes
3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Potato Candy by Blogghetti
Bourbon Caramels with Chocolate and Vanilla by Christmas Tree Lane
Chocolate Peppermint Graham Crackers by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Spiced Sugared Pecans by Love & Confections
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Banana Cake by Palatable Pastime
Blue Curaco Velvet Cake by Magical Ingredients
Cranberry Orange Sugar Cookie Bars by Sweet Beginnings
Egg Nog Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Hazelnut & Raspberry Balsamic Brownie Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
Hot Chocolate Sweet Rolls by Kate’s Recipe Box
Lemon Ricotta Cookies by A Little Fish in the Kitchen Lemon
Peanut Butter Cut Outs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pecan Crusted Pecan Pie by The Mandatory Mooch
Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
Pioneer Woman’s Nantucket Cranberry Pecan Pie by For the Love of Food
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.