Royal Street Chicken Salad
The Royal Street Chicken Salad at French Market at Disneyland in New Orleans Square is a wonderful and healthy option available in the park. French Market is a great restaurant for yummy food and to enjoy the atmosphere. This salad is a wonderful option if you are looking for something a little healthier but with plenty of flavor. The chicken has a nice balance between lemon and spices but it doesn’t have too much heat. This paired with the tomatoes, grilled corn, Parmesan and croutons makes a delicious and filling salad for lunch or dinner.
Royal Street Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 ct chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,shaved
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn, grilled
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Process oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, onion, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Reserve ¼ cup marinade, and chill.
- Place chicken in a zip top freezer bag; pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal and chill 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; place chicken on a lightly greased rack in a boiler pan.
- Broil 7 inches from heat 11 to 12 minutes on each side or until tender, basting chicken frequently with reserved marinade.
- Tear romaine lettuce and put on dinner plate and add tomatoes, green onions and corn. Slice chicken and place on top of lettuce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and croutons over each salad. Serve with dressing of your choice.
Citrus chicken inspired by Southern Living Our Favorite Recipes Chicken in Lemon Marinade
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.