I decided to come up with a Rich Chocolate Cream Pie for my youngest son for Thanksgiving this year. Chocolate Cream Pie might be a little unconventional for Thanksgiving but it was a BIG hit. I could tell by the fact the pie was gone by the end of the meal. The result was truly delicious and super easy to make.
This pie takes very little time to prepare and is an easy make ahead option for the holidays for a pot luck. The crust comes together quickly and requires only a few minutes bake time to set. I selected chocolate graham crackers instead of Oreo’s as I like the flavor better. The filling is super quick and is decadent, rich and delicious. With just a few ingredients including cream cheese and melted chocolate, combined with the homemade whipped cream, this filling is fast to make and impressive in the pie dish. I used a pretty ruffle pie dish that looked great on the dining table.
This Chocolate Cream Pie makes a great base to enhance with other flavors, like peppermint chocolate cream pie. I will be trying that for the Christmas holiday season but will switch the vanilla extract for peppermint extract and to add Andes peppermint crunch baking chips on top with the mini chocolate chips.
Rich Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 packet (5 1/2 oz.) chocolate graham crackers, crushed (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Firmly press crumb mixture in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and chocolate until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Spread remaining whipped cream over top. Garnish with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.