Harry Potter Witch Hat Tarts are millionaire’s shortbread tarts with a witch hat topper. These tarts are inspired by a treat served at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter. This would be a perfect treat for Halloween or any Harry Potter party.
Welcome to 2022’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 5th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 20 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Make Sure to check out all of the fun Halloween recipes that we’re sharing this week!
Halloween Treats Week Recipes
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Candy Corn Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts from Jen Around the World
- Easy Graveyard Hill Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Gideon’s Frankenstein Cookie Copycat from Best Cookie Recipes
- Graveyard Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Halloween Charcuterie Board from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Nougat from Our Good Life
- Halloween Pretzel Mummies from The Speckled Palate
- Halloween Pretzel Rods from Sweet Beginnings
- Harry Potter Witch Hat Tarts from Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies from Fresh April Flours
- Mummy Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Rolo Pretzel Eyeballs from An Affair from the Heart
- Sheet Pan Halloween Confetti Cookie Bars from Savory Moments
- Skull Cherry Pies from Semihomemade Recipes
- Voodoo Doll Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Wicked Witch Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Witch Finger Dipped Pretzels from For the Love of Food
Harry Potter Witch Hat Tarts Recipe
These witch hat tarts are easy to pull together and make a great treat for your Halloween or Harry Potter themed party or menu. Be warned, these are not small treats, so you may want to share with a friend! The tarts are rich caramel and chocolate with a buttery shortbread crust… and super filling. The top is a chocolate covered ice cream cone, which you could easily fill with a chocolate mousse or other treat to make this even more sinful.
This recipe uses store bought shortbread cookies as a time saving shortcut, however, you can make your own shortbread cookies to use as the base of this tart as well. Shortbread cookies are delicious and quite easy to make. I recommend our Hogwarts Shortbread biscuits. If you choose to use this recipe, after rolling the dough out, shape it to make the crust in your tart tins. Bake as directed in the original recipe.
Harry Potter Witch Hat Tarts #HalloweenTreatsWeek
Millionaire's shortbread tart with witches hat topper. Inspired by a treat served at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter. This would be a perfect treat for Halloween or any Harry Potter party.
Put the shortbread cookies into a food processor and crush until you have cookie crumbs. Add the melted butter and combine.
Press the mixture into the base of your mini pie or tart pans. Chill for ten minutes.
Combine condensed milk, butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat about 10 minutes or until caramel mixture is golden brown and bubbling; pour over base in pie or tart pans. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool.
Combine chocolate and vegetable oil in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour just enough to cover the cold caramel. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Use remaining melted chocolate to coat the sugar cones.