I was inspired to make these Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies based on the Assorted Cookies offered at Disney’s California Adventure Festival of Holidays. These cookies are soft and flavorful and elicit a “yum” every time someone eats one. These are super easy to make and can be made ahead and frozen so you can just pull some out when needed as company arrives. To make the cookies, just mix together your ingredients, then form into balls and press with your thumb. You can use your thumb or a melon baller or small cookie scoop to create the well for the jelly in the cookie. At this point, you can choose to freeze the cookies for later or bake them right away. Once the cookies have finished baking, let them cool before adding the jelly. These make wonderful gifts for friends and family!
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup raspberry jelly or jelly of your choice
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks and almond extract, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb in each cookie to make indentation.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then move to wire racks to cool completely. Press centers again with thumb while cookies are still warm if needed.
- When cookies are cooled, stir jam to make easier to put on cookies. Fill center of each cookie with jam.
To freeze: Complete through step where the dough is formed into balls and pressed with thumb. Place cookies into the freezer and freeze completely. To bake, remove from freezer while oven warms. Bake as directed above.
From The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.