Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
This month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge is to create a recipe using chocolate and raspberries. My family has been having a number of early mornings where we are short on time so need quick grab and go breakfast options. Muffins are one of our favorites so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to come up with some muffin combinations, staring with Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
This muffin batter is a great starting point for almost any combination of flavors. I’ve made this with only raspberries and another variant with chocolate chips and vanilla extract instead of almond. I plan to try it with many other variations. It makes a batch of just twelve which is perfect so that they are fresh and hot when you want to eat them.
This months #ImprovCookingChallenge was to use raspberries and chocolate in a recipe.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into 12 muffin pan cups or grease muffin pan cups; set aside.
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup melted butter and egg in bowl. Add all remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries and chocolate chips; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan cups. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes
More breakfast recipes!
- Almond Puff Loaf #Bakealong Challenge
- Apple Crisp Baked Oatmeal
- Applesauce Spice Cake
- BB-8 Orange Scones
- Berry Orange Stuffed French Toast
Pin for later!
Sign Up For Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.