This month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge is to create a recipe using chocolate and raspberries. My family has been having a number of early mornings where we are short on time so need quick grab and go breakfast options. Muffins are one of our favorites so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to come up with some muffin combinations, staring with Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
This muffin batter is a great starting point for almost any combination of flavors. I’ve made this with only raspberries and another variant with chocolate chips and vanilla extract instead of almond. I plan to try it with many other variations. It makes a batch of just twelve which is perfect so that they are fresh and hot when you want to eat them.
This months #ImprovCookingChallenge was to use raspberries and chocolate in a recipe.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into 12 muffin pan cups or grease muffin pan cups; set aside.
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup melted butter and egg in bowl. Add all remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries and chocolate chips; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan cups. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
More breakfast recipes!
- BB-8 Orange Scones
- Crystallized Pineapple Scones
- Three Broomsticks Eggy Bread
- Butchart Gardens Spinach Swiss Quiche
- Butchart Gardens Devon Style Cream
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.