This Quiche Lorraine recipe has been a family favorite for years. This is part of our Christmas morning breakfast and everyone looks forward to this dish. This year, we decided to make this recipe to celebrate Mother’s Day. This Quiche Lorraine is creamy, cheesy, rich. We go light on the green onions so feel free to increase to your desired taste. This dish was inspired by Epcot Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie.
Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Refrigerator pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of ground red pepper
- dash of ground white pepper
- additional ground nutmeg for top of quiche
- Roll piecrust into 9 inch quiche dish. Prick bottom and sides of the piecrust with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes and check for bubbles. If there are any, remove and prick with a fork, and cook for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.Add chopped green onions and cook for 1 minute. Drain well and sprinkle evenly in pie crust. Top with 1 cup cheese and set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Pour mixture into prepared crust and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until set. Cook for 10 minutes before serving.
Inspired by Walt Disney World Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. Recipe adapted from The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 834mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.