Pumpkin Cream Pie
This Pumpkin Cream Pie recipe is inspired by Miss Fiona’s Stupendous Pumpkin Pies. This was a favorite Halloween book to read with my children when they were very young; we always wanted to join her at her house of a piece of pumpkin pie. The book has cute pictures, including pumpkins and cats on every page. Miss Fiona, the town witch, makes Stupendous Pumpkin Pies for the entire neighborhood on Halloween. While we are not fans of plain pumpkin pie in our house, we do love a fabulous Pumpkin Cream Pie and that is the recipe I’m sharing today.
My ingredients are a little easier to come by than Miss Fiona’s. Here recipe is as follows:
Just take one big, plump, ripe pumpkin; add a lizard and a toad. Stir in a few good bat wings, and serve it a la mode!
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipe
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 5⅓ oz (1 packet) graham crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- Crush graham crackers in food processor. Add sugar and melted butter and pulse until completely combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin and next 4 ingredients; beat until blended.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy, gradually add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks foam. The mixture will be very thick. Fold whipped cream into pumpkin filling until blended. Spoon into crust. Cover and chill pie at least 5 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.