Princess Fettuccine Alfredo
The Princess Fettuccine Alfredo we had on the ship was amazing. My niece is a selective eater and at first didn’t want to try it but after I offered her a taste of my dish, this became her go to menu option for the rest of the cruise. I admit, I ordered it more than once myself as did others at our table. This is definitely a stand out dish and one I will definitely associate with cruising to Alaska so I had to create a Princess Fettuccine Alfredo recipe we could enjoy at home. We’ve already enjoyed this recipe at home multiple times since returning from Alaska.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat butter and half and half in a 2 quart saucepan over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in Gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese, salts and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package plus add oil to the boiling water, drain. Add hot fettuccine to sauce, add mozzarella cheese. Toss with forks until combined and serve.
- Note: If packaged Parmesan cheese is used instead of fresh, the dish may come out a bit grainy. Fresh Parmesan melts better for this recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.