The Princess Fettuccine Alfredo we had on the ship was amazing. My niece is a selective eater and at first didn’t want to try it but after I offered her a taste of my dish, this became her go to menu option for the rest of the cruise. I admit, I ordered it more than once myself as did others at our table. This is definitely a stand out dish and one I will definitely associate with cruising to Alaska so I had to create a Princess Fettuccine Alfredo recipe we could enjoy at home. We’ve already enjoyed this recipe at home multiple times since returning from Alaska.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
It did take us a few tries before we got this recipe just right. Cheese can be tricky to work with and you don’t want it to come out grainy. This recipe has a smooth and creamy sauce that is just amazing.
Princess Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat butter and half and half in a 2 quart saucepan over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in Gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese, salts and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package plus add oil to the boiling water, drain. Add hot fettuccine to sauce, add mozzarella cheese. Toss with forks until combined and serve.
- Note: If packaged Parmesan cheese is used instead of fresh, the dish may come out a bit grainy. Fresh Parmesan melts better for this recipe.
Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Pin for later!
Our Princess Trip!
If you are interested in learning more about our Princess Cruise, I encourage you to check out these posts.
- Trip Report – 10 Day Alaska Cruise
- Trip Report Princess Cruise Food and Ship
- Trip Report Juneau Alaska
- Trip Report Skagway Alaska
- Trip Report Glacier Bay & Ketchikan
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.