One of our all time favorite places to eat at Disneyland is Café Orleans. If you go there, do yourself a favor and order the Pommes Frites with Cajun Remoulade. We’ve had Pommes Frites at other locations at the Disneyland Resort, but they are really just ordinary French fries. That is not the case with the Pommes Frites at Café Orleans. They are full of Parmesan cheese and garlic and are served with a can’t resist Cajun Remoulade. These are so delicious and you can make them at home! We got this recipe from Disneyland many years ago and have enjoyed making these at home when we are missing Disneyland.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
The recipe is easy to make. I start by making the Cajun Remoulade by just mixing all the ingredients together. This can be done ahead of time so it’s ready when your fries have cooked. The next step is to make the cheese mixture that you will toss the fries in. Again, this can be done ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator if you like. We use a fryer so you just pour in the oil and heat following the instructions that come with your fryer. While that is heating, we cut our potatoes using a french fry blade in our cutting tool. You can substitute frozen french fries if you prefer.
When the oil is ready, start frying your potatoes in batches. Don’t add too many at one time or it will drop the temperature of your oil too much and they will come out soggy instead of crispy. When the fries are golden brown, remove them from the fryer using a spider skimmer and move them onto paper towels to absorb the extra oil. Put the next batch into the fryer. Once the oil has drained from the fries, toss them in the cheese mixture and then serve with the Cajun Remoulade.
We’ve made these many times as they are easy and delicious, just leave a little time for the frying as it will take about 30 minutes to get through the potatoes.
Pommes Frites with Cajun Remoulade Recipe
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun (creole) seasoning
- pinch paprika
- pinch white pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun (creole) seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 16 oz. French fries (cut about 4 russet potatoes into French fries or use frozen)
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix together garlic, Cajun seasoning, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 8 cups of oil in a heavy pot over high heat to 375 degrees (or use fryer). Check heat by dipping a French fry in the oil, it will sizzle if the oil is hot enough.
- Fry in batches, do not put too many fries in at once or it will drop the heat of the oil too much. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and then toss in the cheese mixture. Serve hot with the Cajun Remoulade.
Recipe from Disneyland
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 1012mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.