Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Welcome to the August Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month, I chose to bake Pineapple Upside Down Cake topped with Dole Whip inspired by this pin.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Step By Step
First, prepare all ingredients. Gather ingredients to prepare the cake per instructions on the box.
Drain the can of pineapple, reserving the juice.
Spoon one tablespoon of brown sugar into each ramekin. Top that with one tablespoon of the drained crushed pineapple.
Add one half of a maraschino cherry to each ramekin in the center. Top with batter, making sure each ramekin has an equal amount of cake batter.
Bake for 27 to 30 minutes. Cool inside the ramekins on a cooling rack. When cooled, using a knife, cut around the outside of each ramekin and invert onto a plate. When ready to serve, scoop pineapple sherbet onto the plate and enjoy!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 10 tbsp. brown sugar
- eggs and oil per box instructions
- 5 maraschino cherries
- Grease 10 ramekins.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions substituting the pineapple juice for the water.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. brown sugar into each ramekin. Spread evenly using a spoon.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. crushed pineapple into each ramekin and spread evenly using a spoon.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half and place one half into each ramekin.
- Add remaining crushed pineapple to the cake batter and mix to incorporate.
- Spoon cake batter into the 10 ramekins making sure they are all equally full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes or until golden and cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Run knife around outside edge and release cake from ramekins.
- Place on a plate and top with Pineapple Sherbet.
- Serve immediately.
Come see all the other projects posted as part of this months Pinterest Challenge. If you would like to join next months #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ September Pinterest Challenge.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.