Disneyland has been offering mini Bundt cakes at the Jolly Holiday for a while now. They mix it up during the year and introduce different flavors. At one point, they offered Pineapple Upside Down Bundt cakes. I decided to make this for the #BundtBakers challenge for Bundt Cakes for Picnics.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
The Bundt cake has pineapple baked into the cake and is extremely moist. The pineapple and brown sugar caramelized glaze on top come from the “upside” down part of the cake. It is topped with a pineapple buttercream and a Maraschino cherry.
I decided to make a full size bundt cake instead of mini’s. You could use this same recipe for mini’s using a bundtlette pan. Just put about half a tablespoon of crushed pineapple and brown sugar into each bundt and top with batter. Reduce the bake time to about 20 minutes.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Bundt Cakes for Picnics
- Cheerwine Bundt Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Elderflower and Blueberry Bundt – Bundt Cake Flor de Saúco y Arándanos from Merce’s Cake
- Lemon and Pistachio Bundt Cake from Patyco Candybar
- Milk Chocolate and Caramel Popcorn Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt from Simply Inspired Meals
- Roasted Rhubarb Bundt Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Apple Streusel Cake from Sneha’s Recipe
Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pan or use a cooking spray with flour.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar in bottom of bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup crushed pineapple in bottom of bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, blend butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy, Add eggs, vanilla, and pineapple juice. Add remaining ingredients and blend on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well blended. Lastly the remaining crushed pineapple and blend to just combine.
- Spoon batter into pan on top of brown sugar and crushed pineapple.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Invert onto cooling rack and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare buttercream by mixing softened butter and powdered sugar together. Add pineapple juice and mix until fully combined. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe dollops around the cake top. Top each frosting dollop with a Maraschino cherry,
Adapted from recipe included on Nordic Ware bundlette pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.