Easy Peppermint Shortbread Cookies that are festive with red and white colors and peppermint flavors. Perfect to add to your Christmas cookie platter.
#ChristmasCookies Week is a sponsored event and Anolon is sponsoring today’s post. In exchange for sharing this recipe, I received two cookie sheets. All thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and opinions contained within this post are solely my own and not necessarily that of the sponsor.
Tip: You will have leftover crushed peppermint candies mix. This is perfect to put in your Hot Chocolate bar or mix into your favorite Hot Chocolate mix for a peppermint hot chocolate, perfect with these cookies!
Christmas Cookies Week
I would like to thank our sponsor, Anolon, for sending us two of these amazing 11 by 17 cookie pans. I must admit, I LOVE them. I’ve been using them for all sorts of recipes since they arrived, they are my current favorite pan. I love that you don’t need to spray a cooking spray on them or put a silicone mat or parchment paper on them. The cookies bake evenly and slide off perfectly. I haven’t had a single thing stick to this pan.
Peppermint Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- ⅓ cup sugar
- peppermint candies, crushed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Red gel food color
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- enough milk to make a thick but pour-able glaze
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare 11 x 17 cookie pan with cooking spray or use a non-stick pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine peppermint candy and ⅓ cup sugar in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed using a stand mixer. Once creamy, add the sugar and beat well. Add egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract flavorings and beat until creamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and beat well to combine. Remove half of the dough from the bowl. Add red gel food coloring to dough and mix to combine.
- Combine the red and white dough and dump into the 11 x 17 cookie pan and press down firmly until the dough is even throughout the pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and mix together until just thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over the shortbread cookies. Sprinkle with peppermint candy mixture.
- If desired, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the shortbread cookies. Sprinkle with peppermint candy mixture.
- Allow the glaze and chocolate to firm before cutting cookies and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
Christmas Cookies Week
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals (this post)
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.