Easy Peppermint Shortbread Cookies that are festive with red and white colors and peppermint flavors. Perfect to add to your Christmas cookie platter.
#ChristmasCookies Week is a sponsored event and Anolon is sponsoring today’s post. In exchange for sharing this recipe, I received two cookie sheets. All thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and opinions contained within this post are solely my own and not necessarily that of the sponsor.
Tip: You will have leftover crushed peppermint candies mix. This is perfect to put in your Hot Chocolate bar or mix into your favorite Hot Chocolate mix for a peppermint hot chocolate, perfect with these cookies!
Christmas Cookies Week
I would like to thank our sponsor, Anolon, for sending us two of these amazing 11 by 17 cookie pans. I must admit, I LOVE them. I’ve been using them for all sorts of recipes since they arrived, they are my current favorite pan. I love that you don’t need to spray a cooking spray on them or put a silicone mat or parchment paper on them. The cookies bake evenly and slide off perfectly. I haven’t had a single thing stick to this pan.
Peppermint Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- ⅓ cup sugar
- peppermint candies, crushed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Red gel food color
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- enough milk to make a thick but pour-able glaze
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare 11 x 17 cookie pan with cooking spray or use a non-stick pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine peppermint candy and ⅓ cup sugar in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed using a stand mixer. Once creamy, add the sugar and beat well. Add egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract flavorings and beat until creamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and beat well to combine. Remove half of the dough from the bowl. Add red gel food coloring to dough and mix to combine.
- Combine the red and white dough and dump into the 11 x 17 cookie pan and press down firmly until the dough is even throughout the pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and mix together until just thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over the shortbread cookies. Sprinkle with peppermint candy mixture.
- If desired, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the shortbread cookies. Sprinkle with peppermint candy mixture.
- Allow the glaze and chocolate to firm before cutting cookies and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Watkins Clear Vanilla Flavor Extract, 11 oz. Bottle, 1 Count (Packaging May Vary), Clear.
McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract, 1 fl oz
Wilton Gel Food Color Set, Primary
Brach's Star Brites Peppermint Starlight Mints Hard Candy, 5 Pound Bulk Candy Bag Individually Wrapped Bulk Holiday Candy
KitchenAid KSM180QHSD 100 Year Limited Edition Queen of Hearts Stand Mixer, Passion Red
Anolon Advanced Nonstick Bakeware with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet / Baking Sheet - 11 Inch x 17 Inch, Gray
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
Christmas Cookies Week
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals (this post)
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.