This Peppermint Fudge Cake is a rich and moist chocolate cake with a touch of peppermint. Add a dusting of powder sugar and have a perfect dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
I really wanted to break out my Nordic Ware Snowflake pan again this year and chocolate was calling my name. I LOVE chocolate and peppermint together and this cake didn’t disappoint. The flavors were delicious together and the cake was moist and fudgy. I love that it was so rich that a frosting isn’t needed, and really would have made this way too sweet and rich if it had been frosted. A little powdered sugar was pretty and all that was needed. A piece of this cake and a cup of tea makes a perfect ending to a meal.
Peppermint Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Snowflake Cake Pan with baking spray and use a pastry brush to evenly coat the details of thepan. In a medium bowl, mix butter and sugars. Add vanilla, peppermint and eggs and mix until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk dry ingredients until blended. Slowly stir dry ingredients into butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until batter is smooth.
- Gently pour batter into prepared pan. Gently tap on towel covered counter several times to remove air bubbles. Place in center of oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 8 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Cool cake completely before glazing or dusting with powdered sugar.
Recipe from Nordicware
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
Christmas Sweets Week
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Frozen Eggnog Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Achu Murukku / Rosette Cookies by Magical Ingredients
Bittersweet Chocolate Bourbon Balls by An Affair from the Heart
Candy Cane White Chocolate Cookies by The Redhead Baker
Candy Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Mandatory Mooch
Carrot Cake Crinkle Sandwich Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
Chocolate Covered Cherry Mice by The Spiffy Cookie
Gingerbread Men Cookies by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Peppermint Fudge Cake by Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
St Louis Gooey Butter Cake by For the Love of Food
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.