Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce has been one of my favorite dishes for quite some time. When I heard that this month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge ingredients were honey and nuts I knew I had to make this dish again. This is a great weeknight meal that can also double for special events. It feels special. Chicken coated in toasted pecans with a fabulous honey mustard sauce, it just makes you feel like you are eating a fancy meal.
Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecan pieces, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 3 tablespoons mustard on each side of chicken. Combine ground pecans and red pepper in a shallow bowl. Gently coat chicken with pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or just until browned. Place in a greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Heat whipping cream in large skillet over medium-high heat until reduced by half (about 12 minutes). Stir in honey, 2 tablespoons mustard, and salt. Serve sauce with chicken.
Recipe from Christmas With Southern Living 2004
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 16g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.