Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce has been one of my favorite dishes for quite some time. When I heard that this month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge ingredients were honey and nuts I knew I had to make this dish again. This is a great weeknight meal that can also double for special events. It feels special. Chicken coated in toasted pecans with a fabulous honey mustard sauce, it just makes you feel like you are eating a fancy meal.
Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecan pieces, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 3 tablespoons mustard on each side of chicken. Combine ground pecans and red pepper in a shallow bowl. Gently coat chicken with pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or just until browned. Place in a greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Heat whipping cream in large skillet over medium-high heat until reduced by half (about 12 minutes). Stir in honey, 2 tablespoons mustard, and salt. Serve sauce with chicken.
Recipe from Christmas With Southern Living 2004
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 16g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.