Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce has been one of my favorite dishes for quite some time. When I heard that this month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge ingredients were honey and nuts I knew I had to make this dish again. This is a great weeknight meal that can also double for special events. It feels special. Chicken coated in toasted pecans with a fabulous honey mustard sauce, it just makes you feel like you are eating a fancy meal.
Improv Cooking Challenge
This month’s #ImprovCookingChallenge is to create a recipe using honey and nuts. Check out all the great recipes the other participants in the challenge created!
Pecan Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecan pieces, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 3 tablespoons mustard on each side of chicken. Combine ground pecans and red pepper in a shallow bowl. Gently coat chicken with pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or just until browned. Place in a greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Heat whipping cream in large skillet over medium-high heat until reduced by half (about 12 minutes). Stir in honey, 2 tablespoons mustard, and salt. Serve sauce with chicken.
Recipe from Christmas With Southern Living 2004
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.