This month’s theme on Fandom Foodies is “Magical Realism” hosted by The Hungry Bookworm. According to Britannica, magical realism is “inclusion of fantastic or mythical elements into seemingly realistic fiction”. Right away I thought of Supernatural. Supernatural is a TV show that takes place in the real world, but where demons and monsters of all sorts exist, but most of us don’t know about them. There are hunters who fight these monsters to protect everyday people who have no idea this is all going on. One of the main characters of the show is Dean Winchester. Dean’s love of pie is famous in the show that has been running for thirteen years and just got renewed for year 14. Most of the time Dean is not specific to the type of pie he wants, just pie. We’ve seen apple, cherry, pecan, blueberry, banana cream and chocolate cream in the show, but Dean is open to every kind of pie. I thought of making something we haven’t seen in the show, and hopefully this would be something Dean would love. I came up with a Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ice Cream Pie.
“Bring me some pie; Love me some pie”Dean Winchester from Supernatural
The pie is quite easy to make. I started with store bought vanilla ice cream, but you could easily make this with homemade vanilla as well. I left the ice cream out to soften while making the chocolate sauce and cutting my peanut butter cups. Then put the ice cream in my stand mixer and started to add the chocolate sauce, peanut butter, cut up peanut butter cups and the whole mini peanut butter cups. When well combined, fill the prepared chocolate pie crust that should be completely cool. Be careful not to overfill your pie dish as the ice cream will grow as it freezes up again and you could overflow your dish. Place it in the freezer and let it freeze at least two hours. To cut, run a knife through hot water to cut the pie and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 container (1.75 qt.) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 4 large peanut butter cups, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- whipping cream, enough to fill to top of chocolate chips
Chocolate Pie Crust
- 1 package chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
Chocolate Pie Crust
- Crumble the graham crackers in a food processor. Add the sugar and melted butter and process until fully combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before filling.
- Take container of ice cream out of freezer and allow to soften at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Put the ice cream into a stand mixer bowl. Sprinkle the cut peanut butter cups and 1/4 cup mini peanut butter cups into the ice cream. Mix at low speed.
- While mixer is running, pour 1/3 cup chocolate sauce and the peanut butter into the bowl and allow it to mix together.
- Spread the ice cream into the cooled pie crust. Take some of the remaining chocolate sauce and swirl into the ice cream. Sprinkle with mini peanut butter cups.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze completely, approximately 2 hours.
- Cut frozen pie with a warm knife. Serve immediately after cutting.
Other Pie recipes Dean would love include:
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.