As part of my Super Heroes menu this month, I decided on Obviously Nachos that were part of Disney’s California Adventure Summer of Heroes in 2017. The nachos are described as “Fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions”.
This is an easy meal to pull together by using your slow cooker. The chicken is tasty and easy to prepare by placing all the ingredients in the slow cooker and shredding before serving. The two sauces are quick to prepare. Once the sauces and chicken are ready, just sprinkle the chicken and the sauces over the chips to serve. If desired, warm up the nachos a little, my family liked it best that way.
This dish was inspired by Marvel super heroes, I think Guardians of the Galaxy in this case. This would be a fantastic dish to eat while watching any of the super hero movies. Throw a party to watch movies again before going to see the latest new release in the theaters. See the end of this post for other Marvel inspired recipes to complete your feast.
Pin for later!
Obviously Nachos Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 4 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh thyme
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Red Pepper Cheese Sauce
- 7 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (4 oz. ) cream cheese, whipped
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley if desired
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Place two chicken breasts into a slow cooker.
- Mix together the ingredients and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours. When complete, set to low, turn chicken over and cook an additional hour or until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
Red Pepper Cheese Sauce
- Combined in food processor and mix until smooth.
- Spread blue corn tortillas onto a plate.
- Sprinkle the chicken over the chips.
- Spoon the Chipolte Crema and Red Pepper Cheese Sauce over the chips. Serve.
Here are some more recipes inspired by Marvel. Pick and choose to pull together a “marvelous” movie party.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.