I’m joining the Fantastical Food Fight this month where the challenge is to create a recipe with Mint and Chocolate. I decided to make Mint Chocolate Ice Cream as this is a family favorite.
While I decided against turning my ice cream green, this can easily be accomplished if you love the green color for your ice cream; just add a few drops of green food color to the ice cream mixture before putting it in the ice cream maker. Turning the ice cream green is a fun way to make this a great St. Patrick’s day treat, and that holiday is fast approaching.
This recipe is really easy to pull together. Just combine the milk, cream, sugar and extracts, freeze in the ice cream maker, add the chocolate pieces while freezing and then freeze until firm and ready to serve. You can add chocolate syrup to make this truly sinful. This ice cream will disappear quickly, at least it does in my house, so be sure to grab a bowl to enjoy before it is gone!
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup chopped chocolate mint candy (I used Andes mint candy)
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and turn on.
- After 10 minutes, add the chopped mint chocolate pieces.
- Continue to freeze in the ice cream maker another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the machine and spoon the ice cream into freezer safe containers.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 44gProtein: 6g
Pin for later!
I’m joining the Fantastical Food Fight this month. The challenge was to create a recipe with Mint Chocolate. Check out all the other Mint Chocolate recipes from the group below.
If you would like to join future Fantastical Food Fights, check out the details here. Next month’s Fantastical Food Fight theme is Asparagus.Inlinkz Link Party
- Mint Chocolate Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Frosted Mint Chip Brownies by Palatable Pastime
- Mint Chocolate French Macarons by Karen’s Kitchen
- Homemade Moulded Mint Chocolates by Sneha’s Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mint Chocolate Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Ritzy Kisses by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Join Us, Pull up a Chair
- Mint Oreo Brookies by Fantastical Sharing
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.