I’m joining #OurFamilyTable this week. Our challenge is to share a breakfast recipe. I’ve been working on a copycat Mickey Mouse Waffles recipe and have come up with a very good version to share today. I also was able to get this fun waffle iron from shopDisney and just had to try it. The shape is just like what you can get at Disneyland’s Plaza Inn.
The Mickey Mouse Waffles taste just like what you can get at the park, but with a homemade mix instead of a pre-packaged one. I really like making my waffle mix at home as I can ensure just what is in it and can modify it meet my families tastes if desired. I also prefer not to have a bunch of specialty mixes on the shelf. This recipe does use Malted Milk Powder as the basis for the Disney recipe is Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffles mix. I looked at the ingredients of this mix closely when coming up with my homemade version.
Mickey Mouse Waffles Recipe
The recipe is super simple to prepare. Just mix all the ingredients together in a large measuring cup so that it is easy to pour from the bowl. Heat the waffle iron. The one I have is no longer available from Disney, but this Mickey Mouse waffle iron is also fun. Spray with cooking spray and fill the Mickey cavities just to the top of the shape. Be careful not to overfill. This takes a little practice. Close the lid and latch. Wait for the waffle iron to indicate it is done and check if they are fully cooked. When done, carefully remove from the waffle iron and repeat until all the waffle mix is used.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp. malted milk powder
- 2 tbsp. corn meal
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray the inside of the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Stir flour, malted milk powder, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; pour into flour mixture and stir just until batter is combined.
- Pour batter, working in batches, into the preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 10g
Pin for later!
- Banana Bread Cinnamon Rollls by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chewy Granola Bars with Pecans and Cranberries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Eggs Benedict Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Family-Favorite Breakfast Tacos by Blogghetti
- Fried Egg Sandwiches with Homemade Sourdough Buns by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Irish Ulster Fry Breakfast by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Candied Cranberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mickey Mouse Waffles by Simply Inspired Meals
- Mushroom Swiss Bread Boats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.