Mickey Celebration Snack Mix
Celebration Snack Mix to celebration Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday. Great for watching movies and a fun snacking treat for your next road trip!
I wanted to make a fun snacking treat for watching movies and to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday celebration. I decided to make a spin on a sweet Chex Mix and give it a Mickey Mouse theme and created Mickey Celebration Snack Mix. I used Mickey sprinkles with the colors of Mickey: red, yellow and black. I also added chocolate candies in the same color scheme. The result is a fun, festive and delicious treat for after school, watching movies, or the car ride to Disneyland to celebrate with the mouse. I wish I was on my way there now!
This recipe is easy to make and you can make a huge batch to have around for snacking. Combine all the cereal in a large bowl. Add the marshmallows and pretzels. Melt the white chocolate and then pour over the mix. Stir to cover well. Spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces (I used M&Ms) and the sprinkles. Let it cool completely to set the chocolate. Once cooled, the chocolate pieces and sprinkles will stick to the mixture so when you grab a bit you will get all the flavors and textures at once.
Be sure to make a big batch of this treat to take with you on your next road trip to a Disney park. This also packs well to take into the parks and munch on while you wait in line. Everyone will want to know where you got it!
Mickey Celebration Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Chocolate Cheerios
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 oz. white chocolate melting wafers
- 3 tbsp. mickey sprinkles
- 1/3 cup red M&Ms
- 1/3 cup yellow M&Ms
- 1/3 cup brown/black M&Ms
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cereal, pretzel and marshmallows.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate at 30 second intervals at 50% power. Stir between each interval. Continue until it is completely melted. You may want to reduce to below 30 seconds as you get closer. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the bowl of cereal and stir to cover. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the mickey sprinkles and the M&Ms.
- Cool completely to let the chocolate set. Break into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container.
Pin for later!
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.