Mickey Birthday Cake Scones shaped like Mickey Mouse with a drizzle of vanilla glaze and studded with fun birthday sprinkles inside and out. The scone is light, crumbly and buttery, the perfect scone texture. Inspired by offerings at Walt Disney World to celebrate Mickey’s 90th birthday.
Goofy’s Candy Co. at Disney Springs and the Main Street Confectionery at the Magic Kingdom (Walt Disney World) offers Mickey Birthday Cake Scones. My inspired creation are Mickey shaped, with a drizzle of vanilla glaze that adds sweetness. The sprinkles are festive and fun, just as a birthday should be. The scone is light, crumbly and buttery, the perfect scone texture.
To make the scones, begin, first spray your Mickey muffin pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl , combine your dry ingredients. Then cut in your butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
Whisk together the wet ingredients and add to flour mixture stirring with a spatula until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in sprinkles and mix until well distributed in the dough. Spoon dough into each cavity of the Mickey mold, using your fingers to press the dough into each Mickey shape making sure the head and ears are even. Bake until done. Wait at least five minutes before removing the scones from the pan. Once the scones are cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top and sprinkle with more sprinkles. Let the glaze harden and then serve.
This month for #BakingBloggers we are creating recipes for Tea Parties such as baked mini sweets, petit fours, macarons, tea sandwiches or other dainty appetizers. We could create recipes that are either sweet or savory but had to require baking. Check out all the great recipes the groups came up with this month.
Baking for a Tea Party!
- Bacon and Scallion Mini Quiche by Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Tartlets by Food Lust People Love
- Choco Orange Brownies by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Coconut Flour Cookies (Gluten Free) by Cook with Renu
- Chocolate Orange Shortbread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamsicle Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fast and Easy Petit Fours by Our Good Life
- Lemon Coconut Squares by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Mickey Birthday Cake Scones by Simply Inspired Meals
- Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Shortbread) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mini Rhubarb Muffins by Home Sweet Homestead
- Napolitaines (Mauritian Sandwich Cookies) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Ploughman’s Scones with Ham Filling by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Southern Cheese Spread Tea Party Biscuits by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Victoria Sponge Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
Baking Bloggers is a friendly group of food bloggers who vote on a shared theme and then post recipes to fit that theme one the second Monday of each month. If you are a food blogger interested in joining in, inquire at our Baking Bloggers Facebook group. We’d be honored if you would join us in our baking adventures.
Mickey Birthday Cake Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar, granulated
- ⅓ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp butter extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 1 tbsp. cup milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more if needed
- Spray Mickey muffin pan with cooking spray. Place on a cooking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla; add to flour mixture stirring with a spatula until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in sprinkles and mix until well distributed in the dough.
- Spoon dough into each cavity of the prepared Mickey muffin pan about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Press the dough into the pan with your fingers and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Test to ensure toothpick is clean instead of sticky.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Cool. Prepare glaze by combining milk, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar until glaze is smooth and thick. Add milk or sugar until desired consistency.
- Spoon glaze over scones and add sprinkles. Allow to set so glaze is not wet.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
Mickey Mouse Muffin Pan Recipes
For more great recipes using the Mickey Mouse Muffin Pan, please take a look at these. I am continuing to develop more recipes to use this fun pan so be sure to sign up to get new recipes sent to your inbox for free.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.