Living in California, we really love fresh fruit and enjoying the outdoors and we also love Melon Margaritas! With Cinco de Mayo upon us, I thought I would come up with a fresh fruit drink to celebrate. I think this is light, fresh, fruity and refreshing. Watermelon, honeydew melon and fresh lime juice combine for a sweet drink with a hint of sour.
I wanted to add a little fun so I decided to add red sugar to the rim of the glasses. I dipped the glass in water first, then into the red sugar. The sugar melts far faster than salt so you need to work quickly. For any areas where there were gaps, I rolled the glass edge in the sugar.
Pin to your favorite food and drink board!
Melon Margaritas Recipe
- ½ small watermelon (personal melon size)
- ½ honeydew melon
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups crushed ice
- tequila, if desired
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Make simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Cut the melon into chunks and put into a blender. Add the fresh lime juice and blend all ingredients together.
- When the simple syrup is cool, add to the fruit mixture and blend.
- Pour about half the juice into another container and save for later.
- Add the crushed ice to the blender and blend until mixed well.
- If desired, add tequila and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. There is no additional cost to you and it helps me support this blog. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.