Enjoy a Marshmallow Chick Cupcake as the perfect festive dessert for your Easter celebration. They are colorful and fun. Yellow cake with marshmallow filling and marshmallow frosting, accented with sprinkles and a Peep. They just scream fun!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Peeps is one of our sponsors for #SpringSweetsWeek and they sent me Bunnies and Chicks, I really wanted to make something unique for each. I’ll admit, I cannot choose between #PeepBunnies and #PeepChicks. This Marshmallow Chick Cupcake recipe showcases the #PeepChicks. Stay tuned later this week for my #PeepBunnies recipe.
To see the details about all the fabulous prizes, please see the #SpringSweetsWeek welcome post.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Buttermilk Carrot Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Baked Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze by House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars by The Speckled Palate
- Coconut Cream Sweet Rolls by Cooking With Carlee
- Crêpes with Orange Caramel and Mascarpone by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easter White Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies by A Savory Feast
- Easy Pina Colada yogurt parfaits by Creative Southern Home
- Lemon Frozen Yogurt with Cake Mix Crust by Our Good Life
- Key Lime Tart by Sweet Beginnings
- Krispy Peeps Treats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lavender Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by The Gingered Whisk
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Donuts by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by Blogghetti
- Lemon Shortbread Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Lemon Totos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Marshmallow Chick Cupcake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Peeps Snack Mix by Home Sweet Homestead
- Rainbow Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Bling Meyer Lemon Almond Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spring Sugar Cookie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies by The Tip Garden
- Tres Leches Cake by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Vegan Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites by The Baking Fairy
- Welcome Spring Gravity Drip Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
The event has ended and the prizes awarded. Visit again for future giveaways!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Marshmallow Chick Cupcake Recipe
- Box Yellow Cake Mix or your favorite recipe
Marshmallow Cream Filling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup marshmallow crème
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- green food color
- spring sprinkles
- 24 Peep Chicks
- Make the cake according to the directions on the box. Let cool completely.
Marshmallow Cream Filling
- In a medium bowl using mixer, beat the butter, marshmallow crème, vanilla, and cream on medium speed until completely smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and salt and beat with the mixer running on low, then increase the speed to high and beat for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat butter, marshmallow crème and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Blend in 1 Tbsp. of the milk. Add the food color and mix in completely.
- Add additional powdered sugar if needed for desired piping consistency.
- Using a knife, cut a small section out of the cupcake to place the filling. Fill each hole with the marshmallow filling.
- Fit a piping bag with a #203 tip (grass). Fill piping bag with frosting. Pipe frosting on top of cupcake and filling. Start in the middle and move outward. Pull straight up and stop squeezing to get grass effect. You can use longer pulls as well since you want this to look like grass you would find in an Easter basket. Cover entire cupcake.
- Sprinkle with the holiday sprinkles, focusing mostly on the edges. Place one Peep in the center of the cupcake.
- Repeat until all cupcakes are decorated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 0gSugar: 44gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.