It’s the 8th anniversary of the Food ‘n Flix Club and to celebrate we can choose any of the previously viewed movies. I selected Kung Fu Panda as I love this movie and wanted to try some oriental dishes. The first recipe I created was Kung Fu Panda Almond Cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
This recipe was inspired by the scene in the movie where Shifu is convincing Po that he can be the Dragon Warrior. He uses food as motivation and without even realizing it, Po is doing all sorts of amazing moves to get what he wants, Monkey’s Almond Cookies.
Kung Fu Panda Almond Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup blanched almond
- 2 tbsp. raw sugar
- To blanch almonds for easy skin removal, place almonds in bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand 1-2 minutes; drain. Immediately put the almonds into a bowl of ice water and let it stand about 2 minutes; drain. Remove skins by rubbing the almond, be careful, then sometimes pop out and get away from you.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Combine the flours, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, placed 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Slightly flatten with your hand. Sprinkle with raw sugar and place one blanched almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
Be sure to make the Kung Fu Panda Secret Ingredient Noodle Soup for your movie night.
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.