Jolly Holiday Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich
August is National Sandwich month and the Foodie Extravaganza asked us to share our favorite sandwiches. This one definitely qualifies as a favorite for me. The Jolly Holiday Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich is a sinful combination of three cheeses, pancetta and blackberry jam grilled to perfection. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
This is a regular menu item at Disneyland’s Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe. This recipe is an official recipe that I found on the Disneyland News website. It is no longer available at that source but luckily for you I have the recipe here for you to enjoy. The menu calls for Swiss, Jack and Fiscalini Cheddar Cheese. Fiscalini is a specific cheese farm in California and they used a white cheddar. The menu calls for bacon but the recipe called for pancetta. I definitely recommend the pancetta, an Italian bacon, as it grills quickly and provides a bit of a different bacon flavor than our traditional bacon. The sandwich is served with blackberry jam, which is perfect for dipping your sandwich in before each delicious bite.
Foodie ExtravaganzaFoodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
August is National Sandwich Month. Wendy from A Day in the Life on a Farm is hosting. Let’s celebrate and share our favorite sandwiches. Check out the other amazing sandwiches shared by the talented bloggers in the group.
- Braaibroodjie – Grilled Cheese Sandwich From South Africa by Sneha’s Recipe
- Caprese Focaccia Sandwich by Caroline’s Cooking
- Italian Style Chicken Club Sandwiches with Pane al Latte by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jolly Holiday Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich by Simply Inspired Meals
- Spicy Chicken Tikka Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Turkey Burger by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Venezuelan Stuffed Arepas by Pandemonium Noshery
Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 12 slices pancetta
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar blackberry preserves
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until hot. Add pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crispy. You may need to work in batches to cook all the pancetta. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat for 3 minutes until warm. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in pan, buttered side down. Top with 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 2 slices of cooked pancetta, and 1 slice of Monterey jack cheese. Add remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook sandwich for two minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Turn sandwich and cook for 1-2 more minutes until desired texture and color.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve each sandwich with 2 ounces of blackberry preserves.
Official Disney recipe from DisneylandNews.com (no longer available online).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
More from Jolly Holiday
Sign Up For Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.