This month’s Movie Monday Challenge is “The Avengers: Infinity War”. I decided to make Infinity Stone Overnight Oatmeal inspired by the Infinity Stones that are the main focus of the movie. I don’t want to spoil the movie for those who haven’t seen it yet, but if you are a Marvel fan I encourage you to go see it soon!
The Infinity Stones are incredibly powerful objects that have different powers and are very dangerous. Each has unique capabilities and none are supposed to be able to be handled by mere mortals. They are the objects of desire by various “bad guys” over many years and The Avengers fight to keep they out of the hands of those bad guys. Infinity War is about Thanos, the big bad guy, working to gather up all the stones; something we’ve known he wants to do for a long time.
- Space (blue) – Tesseract
- Mind (yellow) – Chitauri Scepter, and later Vision
- Reality (red) – Aether
- Power (purple) – Orb
- Time (green) – Eye of Agamotto
- Soul (orange) – see the movie to find out 🙂
Infinity Stone Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- 1-2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups milk of your choice (regular, coconut, almond)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries or strawberries or mango or bosenberry
- water, enough to cover in pan, about 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
Space Stone (blue) - Tesseract
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Blueberry Syrup
Mind Stone (yellow) - Chitauri Scepter, and later Vision
- 1 to 2 tbsp. peanut butter, to your taste
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 banana, cut into slices
Reality Stone (red) - Aether
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Strawberry Syrup
Power Stone (purple) - Orb
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- Boysenberry syrup, store bought or homemade
Time Stone (green) - Eye of Agamotto
- 1/4 cup fresh kiwi, chopped
- 2 tsp. honey
Soul Stone (orange) - must see the movie!
- 1/4 cup fresh peaches, chopped
- Mango Syrup
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight before eating.
- Spoon individual serving into a bowl or jar and add toppings based on flavor of your choice.
- Combine fruit, water and lemon juice in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch and reduce heat to medium, stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 6gSugar: 64gProtein: 16g
Please check out the other Avengers: Infinity War inspired Movie Monday entries below!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.