This month on the Monday Movie Challenge, we are taking on inspiration from our Mom’s favorite movie. One of my mom’s favorites is Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I used inspiration from the Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar menu from Orlando, Florida. The Rolling Boulder Sliders is no longer on the menu, but I just loved the name and the sound of the dish. They described it as three spice meatballs on mini buns with yogurt sauce. The flavors of the menu items at the Hanger Bar are exotic and in some cases African. My Indiana Jones Rolling Boulder Sliders focuses on some spices common to Africa; paprika, ginger and cumin. My yogurt sauce is a paprika aioli and it’s super yummy.
Check out my prior Movie Monday Challenge recipes. There’s a perfect recipe to make for a lot of favorites, maybe you’ll find a new movie and recipe to try at home!
These sliders have so much flavor, we couldn’t put them down. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for a quick dinner. Get all the ingredients together to make the aioli, stir them until combined in a bowl, and then let the aioli cool in the refrigerator while you prepare the sliders. These will grill up quickly since they are small. You will want to plan about three sliders to equal a normal burger. Once the grilling is done, assemble your sliders with Hawaiian slider rolls, lettuce and the aioli sauce. Yum!
Indiana Jones Rolling Boulder Sliders Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. ketchup
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 slider buns
- Mix ingredients together to make the sauce and set aside.
- To make patties, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and, using your hands, shape into patties about 3 1/2-inches wide. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high. When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with the vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done to preference, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. While the patties are cooking, place the onions on the grill rack and cook until golden brown and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the rack to toast lightly.
- To assemble the sliders, spread the cut sides of the buns with equal portions of the aioli.
Recipe adapted from Sutter Home
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.