I am hosting this month’s Food ‘n Flix Club Challenge and chose “The Incredibles” as the movie this month. I am super excited to see the new movie “The Incredibles 2” when it comes out on June 15th. I created these Incredible Egg Rolls based on the trailer for the movie where we see Dash wanting desperately to eat the egg rolls for dinner but having to continue to go through hoops before he can eat.
Incredible Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts, chives, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Sauté until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point toward you. Place about 1/4 cup sausage mixture in the center and form into a log shape. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with beaten egg; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Alternative: Replace water chestnuts with an additional 1/2 cup cabbage and 1/2 cup carrots.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 758Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 1531mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 43g
Pin for later!
If you don’t have time to join us this month, plan to join us in September where Food ‘n Flix hosts the 8th anniversary of the Food ‘n Flix Club. For the anniversary, you can choose from any of the previously viewed movies for your inspiration!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.