I wanted to include a salad in my Critter Country inspired menu and the Hungry Bear Restaurant has a really yummy one, the Hungry Bear Picnic Salad. The salad is described as “seasoned Turkey Breast, Strawberries, Feta Cheese, Cranberries, Roasted Almonds and Jicama on top of Mixed Greens with a Strawberry Vinaigrette” on their menu. I love the flavors and that this salad includes the sweet of the strawberries, the tangy of the cranberries and the crunch of the jicama. This is an easy salad to pull together and a rally pleases a crowd. I will be making this salad often to have on hand for lunches and dinner.
Hungry Bear Picnic Salad Recipe
- 1/2 lb seasoned turkey breast
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. roasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup jicama, sliced
- 3 cups mixed greens, chopped
- strawberry vinaigrette
- Chop the mixed greens and place in a large serving bowl.
- Layer the turkey breast in the middle of the salad. Add feta cheese, strawberries, sliced almonds, cranberries and jicama in rows next to the turkey (see picture).
- Serve with strawberry vinaigrette.
Strawberry Vinaigrette recipe on Taste of Home
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g
Pin for later!
Critter Country Menu
There are quite a few fantastic recipes created from Critter Country. Most of these would be great for a picnic. Check out these recipes and you will feel like you are visiting Disneyland’s Critter Country in your own backyard.
Picnic Party Recipes
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hungry Bear Picnic Salad by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lemon Dill Orzo Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red Cabbage Cole Slaw by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sourdough Sandwich Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Italian Pasta Salad by Art of Natural Living
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.