For the main dish for this months Hungry Bear menu I created the Hungry Bear Crispy Chicken Sandwich from the Hungry Bear restaurant at Disneyland. This sandwich takes a little prep to make but it’s not too time consuming, just a little messy. Once that’s done, it just bakes until golden brown and then is ready to serve. This sandwich is delicious and my whole family said we should make these again ASAP.
To make the sandwiches, you will want to line up four dishes. The chicken will be dipped in each one, making sure to remove any excess ingredients before moving to the next dish. Once the chicken has moved through all the dishes, place on a baking sheet. While the chicken is baking, prepare the Honey Mustard sauce and cup up the tomatoes and lettuce for the sandwiches. This is an easy meal that is great for weeknight meals or a special weekend dinner with friends and family.
Hungry Bear Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Prep dish one
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Prep dish two
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Prep dish three
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Prep dish four
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. mustard, dry
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- sandwich roll
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Hammer the chicken thin on a cutting board using a mallet.
- Prepare four dishes for dipping the chicken. In the first dish, add the buttermilk and the thin chicken breasts. In the second dish place flour. In the third dish put the butter and eggs, mixed together. In the final dish, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and herbs. Add the zest of the lemon to this dish.
- Using tongs, take one piece of chicken out of the buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off.
- Dredge the chicken piece with flour, shake off excess.
- Dip next in the butter and egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet covered in foil.
- Repeat until all pieces of chicken are ready.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Chicken is done with golden brown, crispy and cooked through. If they are not as done as desired at 30 minutes, set the oven to broil and cook until desired crispiness, just a few minutes.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 936Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 271mgSodium: 2180mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 5gSugar: 23gProtein: 56g
Pin for later!
Check out our other Disneyland recipes.
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.