Sinful Hungry Bear Bison Blue Cheeseburger is juicy and full of flavor. The bison meat paired with the bacon, kale and mushrooms topped with a fantastic homemade blue cheese dressing just can’t be beat.
This burger is inspired by the Halloween Time special food offerings at Disneyland. This one was from the Hungry Bear Restaurant. The menu describes the burger as a Bison Blue Cheese Burger with candied bacon, sauteed mushrooms, baby kale and blue cheese tarragon sauce on a whole wheat ciabatta with fries.
Fantastical Food Fight
I’m joining the Fantastical Food Fight Burgers challenge with other bloggers to share our burger creations. If you would be interested in joining us for future food fights, you can visit this page for more information.
When the challenge was announced, I just knew I needed to join. My oldest son LOVES hamburgers. They are his favorite food, and if we ever ask what he would like, he always picks burgers. He has experimented with many different variations over the years so we like to play with our burgers a lot. I looked to Disneyland for inspiration and landed on this burger as the flavors sounded fantastic, and I was right!Inlinkz Link Party
Hungry Bear Bison Blue Cheeseburger Recipe
Make the blue cheese dressing and put it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can make the dressing a day ahead if you like. The burger is quick to pull together. Start by putting the fries in the oven to bake and get crispy. Next fry the bacon, next the burgers and last the mushrooms. Assemble the burger with the kale on the ciabatta roll, top with the burger, bacon and mushrooms. Then pour on the blue cheese dressing and top with the bun. Serve with the fries and enjoy the taste of Disneyland in your home!
- 1 1/4 lb. ground bison meat
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- 1 package frozen fries
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. tarragon, chopped (optional)
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Form four patties out of the hamburger meat. Fry over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked to desired level of done.
- Fry the bacon in another frying pan until crispy. Place bacon on a paper towel to drain excess fat from the bacon.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add mushrooms. Add a clove of chopped garlic and sauté until cooked to tender.
- Wash and dry the kale and set aside.
- To serve, cut each ciabatta roll in half and place kale on the bottom of the roll. Place the grilled burger on top, then top that with bacon and mushrooms. Pour dressing over all and top with the top of the ciabatta roll. Serve with fries and enjoy!
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Put 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayo, olive oil, water and red wine vinegar in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer the dressing into a serving bowl and stir in 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese. Sprinkle with ground black pepper, if desired.
Blue Cheese Dressing adapted from Food and Wine
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 835Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 1116mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 56g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.