We are fast approaching that time of year where we want to be spending as much time as possible enjoying the great outdoors. Having an old fashioned cookout is the perfect solution. We first tasted this cornbread while we were camping at the Fort Wilderness Resort at Walt Disney World. This was our first trip to Florida and camping at Disney was amazing. The dining at Trail’s End was our favorite on this trip. We enjoyed both dining in and take out that we ate at our campsite. My absolute favorite dish was this Hoop Dee Doo Revue Cornbread and just had to make it at home.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
One of our party themes on Simply Inspired Meals is Disneyland’s Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. Unfortunately the Big Thunder Ranch no longer exists at Disneyland, but they had such great food and a fun atmosphere it seemed like the perfect theme for a summer backyard barbecue. While this isn’t the recipe from Disneyland, I feel it is super close. The Disneyland cornbread was baked in small loaves which you can do with this recipe as well.
This cornbread is perfect with whipped honey butter. To make this, soften a little butter and then whip it using a spoon. Add honey until the flavor is as you desire. This way if you like it sweet, you can add a lot of honey, or if you prefer it less sweet, you can just add a little bit. Add a dollop onto the warm cornbread and let it melt in. Perfection!
Hoop Dee Doo Revue Cornbread Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend milk, eggs and oil until well mixed.
- Using a mixer, slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Disney Food Blog
Pin for later!
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Packs by Family Around the Table
- BLT Pasta Salad by Making Miracles
- Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad by Blogghetti
- Dijon Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Shrimp Piccata by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Tuna Steaks by That Recipe
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs by Sweet Beginnings
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue Cornbread by Simply Inspired Meals
- Korean Grilled Tuna by Palatable Pastime
- Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Orange Pesto Skirt Steak by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow-Cooked Memphis-Style Ribs by Books n’ Cooks
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.