This month for the #ImprovCookingChallenge, we were challenged to create a recipe using ketchup and mustard. One of my families go to dinner options is Homemade Sloppy Joes and we’ve come up a great recipe that we prefer over the packaged mixes. This recipe uses ketchup and dry mustard and has a little kick to it if you include the cayenne pepper. It’s delicious, fast and easy and always gets rave reviews.
Homemade Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 slice onion, chopped in large chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili paste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- hamburger buns
- cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain off fat.
- Mix all other ingredients together and add to the browned ground beef.
- Stir together in the skillet and cook 5 minutes longer.
- To serve, spoon onto hamburger buns and top with cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 613Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 50g
Pin for later!
Improv Cooking Challenge
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.