Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola is a delicious breakfast option. It can be used to make beautiful fruit parfaits for your brunch or holiday meals.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Granola is very customizable. This one leverages cinnamon pecans from Millican Pecan (not an affiliate link) to make a tasty breakfast option perfect to combine with fruits and yogurts. The flavors work year-round, who doesn’t love cinnamon! Making granola at home allows you to customize it, adding just what you want and none of what you don’t.
While researching how to make granola I learned that almost all recipes have a very similar foundation. It’s basically oats with various mixed in nuts and/or fruits, flavorings, if desired and set with an oil and sweetener. Using this formula, you can come up with many variations of granola to suit your families tastes and preferences.
Store bought granola can be very expensive. It may also include ingredients you do not desire. Making your own at home is a wonderful alternative. It is quick and easy as well. I plan to make many different variations to try at my home.
I decided to use my granola in a fruit parfait and it’s delicious. I layered vanilla yogurt, strawberry coulis, granola and then repeated this in a small parfait bowl. Then I topped it with fresh raspberries. You could also use fresh strawberries.
To make the fruit coulis, I used fresh fruit (but frozen could also be used) and ¼ the weight of the fruit in sugar. I combined them both in a small food processor and chopped until fully combined and liquid. You could use a sieve to get rid of the seeds if desired.
Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola Recipe
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup cinnamon pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon pecan pieces, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil and brown sugar. Once combined, pour
over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour granola onto a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir the granola and
bake for another 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it does not burn. Once it has
a toasted smell and looks browned, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool
- Once completely cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Pin for later!
Spring Sweets Week
We are in the midst of Spring Sweets Week and I hope you’ve been enjoying all the fantastic recipes. If you are just joining us, please check out the recipes shared earlier this week!
Be sure to enter to win the some amazing prizes. If you would like to see the details about #SpringSweetsWeek and the prizes please check out the welcome post.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thursday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Apple Pie Pop Tarts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Banana Pecan Muffins by Jen Around the World
- Butterscotch Sheet Cake by Pastry Chef Online
- Carrot Cake Scones with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Roll by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Crackles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Frosted Mocha Brownies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola by Simply Inspired Meals
- Low-Carb Creme Brulee by Art of Natural Living
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie with Pecan Crust by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Orange Pecan Torte by That Recipe
- Pecan Pralines by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Raspberry Almond Cold Brew Latte by The Baking Fairy
- Strawberry Poptarts by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Sweet and Salty Easter Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.