Homemade Bold Chex Mix
My son loves the Bold Chex Mix available in the stores. He is a fan of onion, garlic and a little heat. This is one of the first snacks he will request. He recently asked if we could get some of this for his lunch, and I thought, I wonder if I can come up with a homemade version. I read the ingredients on the bag and came up with my shopping list. I then checked some other recipes from Chex and came up with this version. There is quite a bit of spice and heat. Be careful when stirring this while cooking as the fragrance is quite strong. It turns out my son loves this version. I hope you will enjoy it as well.
Homemade Bold Chex Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup melba toast, broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mini pretzels twists
- 1 cup sourdough crackers, broken into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, Melba toast, pretzels and crackers; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in all seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. I covered my bowl with a lid and shook vigorously until it was covered.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Adapted from other Chex mix recipes and ingredients found on Chex Mix Bold bag.
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.