Haunted Mansion Ribs ‘n Sausages
This year I wanted to create a dinner for Halloween inspired by Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion ride and came up with this Haunted Mansion Ribs ‘n Sausages for our main dish. The Haunted Mansion has many skeletons throughout the ride. The one that I most remember is right at the start as you pass a casket with a skeleton trying to get out. This ride is so much fun and I wanted to incorporate as many elements from the ride in the meal as possible. This dish is a bit disturbing, which my husband pointed out as we were plating it, but isn’t that the point on Halloween!
Haunted Mansion Ribs ‘n Sausages Recipe
- 6 pounds Seasoned Pork Ribs
- 48 oz Little Smokie Sausages
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 2 tsp chili paste
- Saute garlic in butter 4 to 5 minutes in a saucepan. Add ketchup and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- BBQ for about 30 minutes, flipping as needed when they start to smoke.
- For the last 15 minutes, baste ribs in BBQ sauce and continue to cook and flip as needed, when they start to smoke. Total BBQ time is approximately 45 minutes.
- Heat sausages in a saucepan on the stove until hot, approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the sausages and simmer until hot, approximately 5 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.