This year I wanted to create a dinner for Halloween inspired by Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion ride and came up with this Haunted Mansion Black Bean Dip for our appetizer. Given the Haunted Mansion is a retirement home for ghosts, filled with spider webs and is dark and creepy. Most of the food for my feast is dark or black, so black beans for the dip were a perfect fit. Here is an easy way to add a spider web to your dish with ingredients already on hand for the recipe.
Be sure to “hurry back” for more Haunted Mansion inspired recipes coming soon!
Haunted Mansion Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 15 oz. canned black beans (or prepared dry beans)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- black olives
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Garnish with sour cream web by piping circles on top of the dip and dragging out with a toothpick to make the web.
- Garnish with a black olive spider. Cut one olive in half for the body. Use a small piece from a second olive for the head. Cut eight legs out of the remaining olive.
- Serve with black olives and fresh vegetables, such as cucumber and celery.
Prepare dry black beans
- To use dry black beans instead of canned, rinse your dry beans and sort out any that don’t look quite right. Place in a large pan and cover the beans completely with water. Add a 1 tsp of salt and bring the beans to a boil over medium heat. Uncover and reduce the heat to simmer the beans until tender, approximately 1 to 1½ hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.